April 27th 2020
Optima Living Communities remain vigilant in our efforts to #FlattenTheCurve and protect our residents and those who care for them. We are thankful for the compassion and clinical support our care partners provide everyday to our residents.
COVID-19 Prevention at Optima Living Communities
Infection control precautions are being taken in each of our residences and offices, including implementing all recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Provincial Medical Health Officers, and the World Health Organization (WHO). Some of these protocols include:
- Universal masking for care partners: Effective immediately, all care partners who provide direct or indirect care within 2 meters of a resident wear a surgical mask. This will help us reduce the potential spread of the virus by providing an added layer of protection for care partners and residents alike.
- Enhanced screening for the virus: According to government guidelines for all care partners, essential visitors and residents.
- Limited to essential visitors only: At all sites from Independent Living to Long Term Care.
- Infection control and outbreak plans are in place and ready to activate.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation, particularly of high-touch areas, in all communities.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment are available in each facility in case of an outbreak.
We are here to support and connect families
If your loved one needs help with anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out. iPads are available for residents to communicate with friends and families.
Here are some wonderful examples of how our communities are remaining connected with their loved ones.
We offer places to engage in the community during this time of isolation.
Come join us – Ageing Fearlessly in the era of COVID
WEBINAR – Thursday, April 30. 11 am PST, 12 pm MTN
Are you, or someone you love, a senior looking to manage living in a world affected by COVID-19? Aster Gardens is here to help. Join us on Thursday, April 30th at 11 am MTN for our online webinar. Dr. Adrian Wagg—the Alberta Health Services Chair in Healthy Ageing—will be discussing the best ways to handle these uncertain times, live with confidence, and thrive as a senior.
REGISTER NOW: (link to: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jfrPMzhmSO6snWOkVNtihw)
Note: All registrants are eligible for a door prize draw.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SOCIAL DISTANCING?
Farid Damji | Co-Founder & Principal
Optima Living Communities